Discribe v 8 is the most comprehensive CD and DVD (yes, DVD too!) mastering software available on the Macintosh. Discribe provides the ideal solution for one-off CD and DVD production. Discribe brings the world of multimedia to your fingertips, allowing you to create your own data CD and DVDs, CD and DVD Audio, DVD video on CD or DVD and mixed-mode discs for personal or professional use.
With Discribe you can reliably archive valuable data, effortlessly distribute massive amounts of information, make custom CDs and DVDs or create professional quality multimedia demonstrations tailored for specific needs allowing you to write and play CDs and DVDs in a matter of minutes!
From simple data backup, to full featured multimedia productions, Discribe's intuitive interface will lead you through all the necessary steps for quickly mastering a CD or DVD.
|Data Writing Features
||Audio Writing Features
- Supports DVD Audio and Video formats using UDF (Universal Disk Format)
- Supports data writes using UDF
- Supports writing the CD Extra format
- Direct CD to CD copy allows you to copy from any CD-ROM drive to your writer
- Can cache Disc to Disc image file to hard disk prior to writing.
- Supports disc verification after writing data discs
- Multiple Orange book mastering modes including: Track-at-Once, Disc-at-Once, and Multi-Session
- Supports the ISO-9660 file format
- Supports Audio CD mastering using AIFF files
- On the fly audio conversion
- Ability to set pre-gap on Audio CD's from 0 to 9 seconds
- Supports DAO (Disk-at-Once) and TAO (Track-at-Once) writing of Audio CDs
- Intuitive Audio Picker window allows for easy sequencing of audio tracks via drag and drop with use of multiple selections
- Supports Mac OS X
- Discribe sports a message log that can give you valuable feedback regarding your write
- Supports more writers than ever! (Over 300 CD and DVD writers!) Including DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD+RW drives
- Chances are, if it's a: USB, Firewire or SATA drive, we support it!
- Full support of BurnProof, SafeBurn and JustLink enabled recorders for failsafe recording
- Now has support for Generic MMC compliant drives, so even if your drive is not listed in our supported drive list it may still be supported
- Supports virtually all CD-Recorders including 1x, 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x, 12x, 24x, 32x, 40x and NOW 48x!
- DVD video can be written to any media type your writer supports (CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW)
- Background writing supported (BurnProof, SafeBurn and JustLink recorder recommended for this function)
- Enhanced drag and drop features, including Build a Mac HFS (files and folders) and ISO 9660
- Supports most popular CD-ROM formats and standards including mixed mode, CD-ROM/XA (Yellow book), Audio CD (Red book), and CD Extra (Blue Book)
- Includes Test Write Mode and Transfer Rate Speed Test features to ensure quality burns
- Site licenses available for large organizations
Requirements for Mac OS X
- G4, G5 Power PC Mac or Intel Based Mac
- Mac OS 10.4 or newer for Power PC 10.4.7 or newer for Intel Mac
- Supported CD or DVD writeable drive