We just released version 8 of Discribe. Some of Discribe 8’s key features include:
Automated. Automated. Automated.
- use to restore, archiving and backup
- iTunes ripping of disc collections
- Disccataloguemaker creation of discs
- Ability to burn data from disc to a designated folder on your Mac
Spanning. Digital Libraries Backed up with ease.
How would you like to grab your music folder and back it up in one easy step? How about your pictures folder? Movies? Data? Now you can with Discribe large storage Archiving and backup feature, if the file and or files don't fit on a single CD / DVD / Blu-Ray disk, it will prompt the user to span across multiple disks. Up to 250 GB of data can be spanned. If you need more, you need no limits! with the Discribe Enterprise Edition!
- Discribe 8 is the most intelligent, advanced and reliable version to date! If you use Discribe in a production environment, upgrade now to ensure compatability with Mac hardware and OSX.
|Data Writing Features
||Audio Writing Features
- Supports DVD Audio and Video formats using UDF (Universal Disk Format)
- Supports data writes using UDF
- Supports writing the CD Extra format
- Direct CD to CD copy allows you to copy from any CD-ROM drive to your writer
- Can cache Disc to Disc image file to hard disk prior to writing.
- Supports disc verification after writing data discs
- Multiple Orange book mastering modes including: Track-at-Once, Disc-at-Once, and Multi-Session
- Supports ISO-9660 file format
- Supports Audio CD mastering using AIFF files
- On the fly audio conversion
- Ability to set pre-gap on Audio CD's from 0 to 9 seconds
- Supports DAO (Disk-at-Once) and TAO (Track-at-Once) writing of Audio CDs
- Intuitive Audio Picker window allows for easy sequencing of audio tracks via drag and drop with use of multiple selections
- Supports Mac OS 10.4 or newer
- Discribe sports a message log that can give you valuable feedback regarding your write
- Supports more writers than ever! (Over 300 CD and DVD writers!) Including DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD+RW drive
- And more are added all the time.
- Full support of BurnProof, SafeBurn and JustLink enabled recorders for failsafe recording
- Now has support for Generic MMC compliant drives, so even if your drive is not listed in our supported drive list it may still be supported
- Supports virtually all CD-Recorders including 1x, 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x, 12x, 24x, 32x, 40x and NOW 48x!
- DVD video can be written to any media type your writer supports (CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW)
- Background writing supported (BurnProof, SafeBurn and JustLink recorder recommended for this function)
- Enhanced drag and drop features, including Build a Mac HFS (files and folders) and ISO 9660
- Supports most popular CD-ROM formats and standards including mixed mode, CD-ROM/XA (Yellow book), Audio CD (Red book), and CD Extra (Blue Book)
- Includes Test Write Mode and Transfer Rate Speed Test features to ensure quality burns
- Site licenses available for large organizations
Requirements for Mac OS X
- G4, G5 Power PC Mac or Intel Mac
- Mac OS 10.4 or newer for Power PC 10.4.7 or newer for Intel Mac
- Supported CD, DVD or Blu-Ray writeable drive or supported robotic autoloader